A day of letdowns and experiences

I was supposed to do a huge diagnostic session today with a client, which is where you give him/her a whole bunch of assessments to try and see what is going on with their speech, language, swallowing, fluency or voice problems. It got cancelled, so I did a whole bunch of prep work and got all nervous for nothing :( But it was a great experience. I got to observe the other group that had a diagnostic session that morning and they did great! I got to see a side that I usually don't see because usually I am the person giving the assessment, but this time I was on the other side of the glass with my teacher and the client's mom and it was such a great experience to see what mom was thinking and to get to hear my supervisor's thought process.. What a great day! So even though I was a little let down that I didn't get to do my diagnostic session, I also got to experience something that I think I needed to experience. God provides!


Comments

Popular Posts