Goodbye... Hello...

Today was a day of goodbyes and hellos! 

The goodbyes started last night... Last night we said goodbye to Webster. Last night we also said goodbye to the stars, going out with a bang and climbing on top of a big storage container (you know the big ones that ships carry). This morning we went to the Haven and said goodbye to all of the babies. I took my last (and one of the only) walks through the bush to get back to our house. We then said goodbye to Emmett and Cindy who have been two very sweet people what have been around while we have been here. Emmett gave all of us girls a piece of amethyst as a farwell gift. We then said goodbye to our "home" of the past 5 weeks and all of the fun times that we had there. 

Now we are saying hello! Hello to wonderful showers in the Protea! Hello to Livingstone and all of the shopping that that entails! Hello to the shoprite (an actual grocery store)! Hello to Olgas (a wonderful Italian restaurant! Hello to nice full size beds with wonderful sheets! Hello to Victoria Falls! And hello to a whole bunch of adventures that are going to be occuring! 

So as you can tell this has been a bittersweet day full of lots of laughs and maybe a few tears. This experience has been life altering and I believe will mold me into such a better speech pathologist! Words cannot express the love and admiration that I have for these kiddos! I will be leaving a piece of my heart here in Africa with them... As it should be. 

Here are some pictures of the goodbyes. 
I first went and got Evelyn to hang out with! 

 Then Helen came and joined... she really was happier than she looked in this picture!

Then it was Aggie time! 

And some Momo/Joello time!



And some Vera time!!


Then some baby Annie time!

Then some Edwin!

Then some Esther!

Then some more Esther!!

Then we walked home.. 


this picture is depicting my joy..... haha!


THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALLOWING ME THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN SO MUCH AND GIVE SO MUCH BACK TO THESE CHILDREN! I HAVE TRULY BEEN BLESSED BY THIS EXPERIENCE!! IT HAS BEEN A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY AND IT IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR DONATIONS!! GOD BLESS YOU!

Comments

  1. These pictures make me smile! I know this was such an awesome experience and one that you cannot fully put in to words. I know you have done such wonderful work and have shared the love of Christ. And I know the children have impacted you so much, as well. I have definitely been impacted by mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts