Find Support

My next piece of advice, while seemingly common sense is sometimes not common sense (myself included)... You need to find some people to talk to about traveling. Not just your cousins friend who was a traveling nurse in the 80s but a legitimate colleague of your own profession who is currently traveling. I would even go as far as to say find some travel friends (SLPs for me!) who work for the same company you are planning on!

Honestly I have only been in contact with one traveling SLP right now, and even with that little bit of contact she has been able to answer my questions openly, honestly and with legitimate experience. I feel confident that I can contact her at anytime in my journey and that she will respond in a way that helpful and honest.

That is all. Find some people, ask ALL the questions. It makes the world go around. I know I don't have much experience yet, but I have talked to A LOT of recruiters and do have some experience about what questions to ask and how to keep a running document of all the happenings so that you can refer to it later. If you want my list feel free to email me at travelingtherapyadventures@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts