TEXAS: The First Application

Oh TEXAS... We shall say for now, that I am not impressed. For those of you who do not know, Texas has switched from using TDSHS (Texas Department of State Health Services) to using TDLR (Texas Department of License and Regulation) to handle their licensing needs in regards to speech-language pathology. I am currently applying for a license in this state to work as a SLP (This is one of my states that I will travel to).

So everything is going great... I get online, I fill out the application. I pay the monies. They tell me I need to take the juriprudence test (basically a test about Texas licensing laws)-- no big deal. There is literally no way to fail it, but it is something else that you have to pay for. So after that nothing. No email, no response, nothing telling me what else needs to be completed. You get online and there is nothing telling you what other papers/forms you need to send in (for example: fingerprinting, praxis scores) and where to send them. You log on to the website to see your application, all it sayd is initial application has been completed. That's it. No organized checklist saying this is what you need to still turn in. Ok. Not the best organization level on TDLR's part but what they hey, I will email them. Two emails. Its been 11 days. No response.

I have always heard that Texas is pretty organized and on top of it in regards to most things. But this has made me a little sad. This has been the first state that I have applied to a license for (besides S. Carolina) and it makes me dread doing this for any other state...

WISH ME LUCK! I will keep you posted!

Good thing there is no rush on this application (I have a few months before I start working), otherwise I would be screwed...

So addendum to this post, I love the SLP travel forum on facebook. Within, 6 minutes of posting about this, someone had a solution of where the list will be. Thank goodness! SOOOO I will keep fighting the good fight and keep sending things and money to Texas, hah!

Comments

Popular Posts