Packing List for the Traveling Therapist

I have searched for a good list and have yet to find one. I think I may have had a dream about one, that's how badly I wanted this to happen. So now I must devote my time to thinking about what to pack if going on an assignment to an unfurnished apartment. 

I am in the process of packing up my apartment, so this is the time to think about what to put in a tubberware container. Then if I take a job and get an unfurnished apartment then I will be prepared and hopefully won't have to rent any furnishings. I am going to be super detailed because I plan to print this off and use this list as my checklist. Hope you can too! 

Bedroom:
  • Air mattress
  • Foam Topper
  • Sheets
  • Fleece Blanket
  • Pillow
  • Pillowcase
  • Laundry basket

Bathroom:
  • Shower curtain
  • Towels (amount up to you!)
  • Toiletries- (obviously) (ex: toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor, straightener, hairspray)

Kitchen:
  • Plastic Plates and Bowls (I got mine from Ikea and LOVE them!)
  • Plastic Cups
  • Silverware (if you need-- or you can get some plastic, although the environment probs says no)
  • Coffee Appliance (COFFEE. COFFEE. COFFEE.)
  • Travel Mug
  • Coffee Mug for at home
  • Pot (big enough to make everything you want, but small enough to not take up room)
  • Frying Pan (ditto)
  • You might have to rent a microwave... Or buy a small one.. If yours doesn't fit. I don't know about you, but microwaves are a necessity for me ;)

Living Room:
  • Chair to chill in (thinking about getting an inflatable lounger)
  • Extra blanket for snuggles

Clothing: 
  • Uniforms the facility requires
  • Dressy and casual clothes
  • Workout clothes
  • Swimwear
  • Sleepwear 
  • Bathrobe
  • Shoes
  • Sweaters, coats and other layers
  • Depending on weather (Umbrella, rain coat, rain boots, snow boots, heavy coat, winter gear)

Electronics:
  • Phone (+charger)
  • iPad (+charger)
  • Computer (+ charger)
  • Camera (+charger)
  • Wifi Router
  • Flashlight (if needed)

Just because:
  • Hammock (ENO of course)

Personals:
  • Copy of your contract
  • Driver's license
  • Car registration and papers
  • SS card
  • Birth certificate copy
  • Copies of your state and national license (ASHA for SLPs)-- I usually bring my originals too but have a copy at home just in case
  • Your monies and credit cards

I am sure as I continue to travel I will update this list. If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to comment below! 

Comments

Popular Posts