REALITY

You can feel the tension rising, the nerves getting thinner, the reality of what is to come.



I'm trying to stay as calm as possible and focus one day at a time, but when reality sets in, I feel everything: anxiety, excitement, nerves, pressure and joy.
Shawn Johnson 

let me just tell you, sometimes reality is not what I need right now. I need to focus on one day, one hour, one minute and accomplish what I need to do in that time. But what happens when I sit back and look at the reality in my life. Well, let me tell you, a FREAK out occurs. I can't believe that it is here. I am 3 weeks into the start of an amazing career, all I have to do it make it. Absorb everything I possibly can, help some people along the way and then I am there. WOAH. that is powerful. So how can I focus on reading one page in my neuroscience book when I want to look at the big picture and see my self as an SLP. Ready to face the world one client at a time. 

I try repeating to myself what you learn today is going to make you all that better speech-langauge pathologist later in life. This is SO TRUE... yet so hard to see sometimes. When you are falling asleep learning about the diacephalon and all that jazz. It is hard to see the bigger picture. 

My goal for today is to take that step back, look at my future SLP self and then step right back into my studies and realize that to be that person, I gotta focus on the here and now. The reality of Grad School right now and just know that someday, and I am sure it will come fast, I will be walking down that aisle with my hood on and get my M.S. diploma... oh that will be a good day... 


And my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 

Comments

Popular Posts